So, about six months ago I set out to re-texture all the parts of the set that I use most often. There was just one problem: I soon discovered that nothing in the set - apart from the street signs - was bloomin' well recolourable!
However, I was determined not to be beaten! The end result is that I've completely overhauled the set, making most parts recolourable, slaving textures wherever possible, as well as providing new textures. Shall I stop talking now, and show you some pictures?
(1) all the meshes have new GUIDS, so you can have both these reworked versions plus Cooldad/Tigmom's original meshes in your game at the same time, if you so desire;
(2) I have not revamped everything in the original set, only the parts that I actually use; so, for example, I haven't done anything to the cable boxes or electric meter;
(3) the file sizes were a bit on the large size, so to break with tradition I have Compressorized everything.
(4) I have included residential, community and combined (Pets and upwards only) collection files.
(1) the two end poles are now slaved to the main pole, so you only need to recolour this master mesh;
(2) I have replaced the default texture of the main pole mesh; if you still want to have Cooldad/Tigmom's original colour as well, then you can either use the original pole (as it won't conflict), or make your own recolour of mine (I'm afraid I don't intend to do this myself, unless someone twists my arm, as I no longer have any use for the original texture);
(3) there are three new textures - the clean wood texture of the main mesh, plus faded wood and stained wood recolours;
(4) there are two sets of the master mesh and recolours - 'hi-res', with larger textures that are slightly better quality, and 'lo-res', with smaller and hence slightly lower quality textures; CHOOSE ONE SET ONLY, depending on your preference. The difference is not really noticeable at a distance, and is only really obvious if you are zoomed in on the pole.
Tie-down: the default clean texture of the mesh remains the same, but I have included two new recolours - a slightly less clean version and a grungy version.
Connecting wires: the texture is unchanged, but these are now slaved to the main pole mesh.
Street light: the default clean texture of the mesh remains the same, however, I have also included a tarnished recolour.
Transformer: the default clean texture of the mesh remains the same, however, I have also included a tarnished recolour.
(1) both the sign itself and the bolts are now recolourable;
(2) I have replaced the default texture of the main street sign mesh, and I'm afraid that Cooldad/Tigmom's recolours will not show up on this new mesh. If you want to have all Cooldad/Tigmom's original textures as well, then you can either use the original sign (as it won't conflict), or make your own recolours of mine (I'm afraid I don't intend to do this myself, as I don't have any use for the original textures);
(3) there are three new designs, all in British English I'm afraid, so I accept that they are perhaps not relevant to everyone - 'Danger of Death', 'Neighbourhood Watch' and 'Clean it Up' (I could possibly be persuaded to make Simlish versions, if anyone is interested);
(3) for those who don't do grunge, there is an entirely clean version of each new design, as well as cleanish, grungy and completely trashed versions.
Oh, I nearly forgot this bit...
Cooldad/Tigmom at MTS for the original meshes